2008年11月16日 星期日

Carrying Hands

It was late at night; the weather was getting colder and colder. I was lying awake on my bed. My thoughts returned to my childhood. I remember when I was a little kid, every morning before I went to school, my grandmother would put the scarf tightly around my neck and give me a kiss on my cheeks. I knew it was an expression for her love but it really embarrassed me. One day, just as her usual habit, when her hands touched my skin, I lashed out at her “Don’t do that, I’m not a kid!” She didn’t say anything about my behavior, but from then on, she never do that again. I knew I had to say sorry to her, but somehow, I didn’t. Time passed by, I was not a little girl anymore. Sometimes, when I’m alone, I miss her gentle kiss and her carrying hands. One night, when I was lying awake on my bed; I heard some voice from living room. I left my room and found my grandmother sitting alone in the living room. Then, I walked to her and seated by her side. I told her I was very sorry for that morning. She just smiled and didn’t say anything. The next morning before I went to school, like her usual habit, she put the scarf tightly around my neck and gave me a gentle kiss on my cheeks. Then, she said “You are my little girl forever.” From then on, my guilt was no longer existed and our relationships become closer than before.

沒有留言: